Licensed Bonded Insured     Financing Options Available - APPLY NOW We're Hiring! - View our Career Opportunities


How often should I change my filter?
1" filters should be checked monthly and changed accordingly. 4-5" filters should be checked every 3 months and changed accordingly. Frequency is dependent on equipment run-time (equipment runs more in the summer and winter) and environmental factors such as excess dust, pet hair and smoke. (View Our Video Page for More Info)
Should I have my furnace and air conditioner checked each year?
Yes. An annual cleaning and tune-up is recommended on systems that are one year and older. An annual cleaning and tune-up will ensure that the equipment runs as efficiently as possible...keeping gas and electric costs as low as possible. In addition, annual maintenance is required by the manufacturer and labor companies to keep the warranties in place. This is to ensure that parts aren't failing due to neglect.
Can I still get R-22 refrigerant?
Yes! R-22 refrigerant is no longer being produced but it is still available. The cost of R-22 continues to rise as supplies become more limited.
Why is my upstairs warmer/cooler than my downstairs?
There are two possible causes: Either the system is not zoned or the system is undersized for the square footage of the house.
What can be done to eliminate the temperature swing in my house?
A consultation is needed to determine if the house can be zoned (so the air is distributed evenly throughout the house) or if a system upgrade is needed. Contact LCS today for a FREE consultation!
Do I need to change my thermostat?
It is recommended that thermostats be changed to digital. Digital thermostats are much more accurate and can include additional features such as programming and filter reminders.
Why do I get shocked in my house?
The air inside is too dry! Humidity can be added to the air with a whole-house humidifier. Whole-house humidifiers distribute humidity evenly throughout the house using the ductwork. This moisture can help alleviate “shocks,” dry skin and dry wood (flooring and furniture). A whole-house humidifier requires only annual maintenance and pad change. You can say goodbye to daily water changes as needed in portable humidifiers!
Do I need a second opinion on furnace and/or air conditioner replacement?
Yes! As with any investment or purchase, second opinions are always a good idea!
What systems qualify for the tax credit and rebates?
While qualifications differ between rebates and tax credits, furnaces generally need to be at least 95% efficient and air conditioners or heat pumps need to have a minimum 16 seer rating.  Thermostats generally need to be WiFi compatible.
Do I need a contractor that is licensed, insured and bonded?
Yes! Licensed contractors tend to be a more reliable and reputable choice as compared to those that are not licensed. The work of a licensed contractor is held accountable by the City of Indianapolis through permits and inspections. The best way to protect your home, valuables and risk of liability while having contractors in your home is to hire a company that is fully insured and bonded. In addition, if work is completed in your home by an unlicensed contractor and a permit not pulled, the City of Indianapolis (and some townships) can place a Stop Work Order and fines on your job.